Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\XSLTNavigation.xslt
Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\ImgMediaPicker.xslt.xslt
Funeral or Memorial Service Program
Once the memorial service is organized, you will be able to
design a service program. A service program is a booklet
celebrating the honoree and given to people attending the funeral
service. It is a cherished keepsake.
You might want to include:
- Photographs of the honoree
- An anecdote about the honoree
- Favorite artwork, poetry or song lyrics
- Quotes the honoree might be known to say
- List of surviving family members
- Brief biography
- Charities where donations may be made
- Words of thanks from the family to those who attended the
- Time and location of the reception service
Using a computer desktop publishing program, you can produce an
inexpensive yet elegant program. Most programs are based on
standard paper sizes that can be folded, stapled or stitched.
While service programs can be any size you choose, a typical
program is printed on 8.5 X 11" paper and folded in half. If you
have a friend or family member who is a graphic designer or is
artistically talented, ask them to design the program for you.
Some things to think about when creating a service program:
- Choose a nice paper stock for the program
- Print half again as many as you think you will need so guests
can take spares to those who couldn't be there in person
- Have a few people proofread the program, paying close attention
- Be sure to run a spell check program before printing
While paper programs are a traditional way to share the service
information with the guests, you could also project the program on
a large screen (if one is available) or have the program printed
and mounted on a board if it is a small group.
You can post the service program in your honoree's Heart2Soul Community.